The Learning Ambassadors Initiative was launched on the 7th of March 2019 with the aim of bringing in Limerick people from all walks of life to promote the idea of lifelong learning in their own communities and throughout Limerick City and County. Read on to discover how the learning ambassadors are do their part to promote education and learning in Limerick.
See previous post for more info on the ambassadors initiative: What is the Learning Ambassador Initiative? – Learning Limerick
What events have the ambassadors taken part in?
- The Learning Ambassadors encourage and promote learning by sharing their learning journeys, and to better prepare them for this task, they took part in the Narrative 4 ‘Story Exchange’ training in November/December 2019. Each ambassador was then interviewed on their stories, and these video interviews were made available at the Lifelong Learning Festival 2020.
The video can be found here: https://learninglimerick.ie/learning-ambassadors
- For the Lifelong Learning Festival in 2021, Lylian Fotabong, a learning ambassador, interviews her fellow learning ambassadors on their progress as learners and their future career and learning plans, which was followed by an interactive panel and discussion.
- Lylian Fotabong also provided her own reflections on lifelong learning at the ‘Conversations with Learners’ international webinar event in November 2021.
- In February of 2022 Ambassador Chinazo John Nnaya was elected to the Learning Limerick Steering Group as a representative of the learning ambassadors.
- The Learning Ambassadors are always happy to take part in the Lifelong Learning Festival each year, and to participate in the networking meetings.
Future Plans for the Leaning Ambassadors Initiative
The Learning Ambassadors aim to pass on information and learning messages to their own communities as well as others to help change attitudes and behaviors towards lifelong learning. They will inspire and empower others to take part in learning activities by taking part in learning themselves, encouraging others and breaking down barriers by showing that anyone can take part in lifelong learning.
Anyone involved in some form of education can become a learning ambassador. If you or someone you know would like to become a learning ambassador, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get the process started.
Written by Michael Corcoran
Share this on...